Monday, July 21, 2008

Now to Make a Decision

I had *almost* talked myself out of buying a weaving loom (too expensive! I won't use it much! I'm terrible with color and could never coordinate warp and weft!) . Then fate intervened, in three parts:

1) I received a gift certificate from the Woolery from my most-favorite sister-in-law (and brother-in-law), Joni and Tracy.

2) Hubby bought a ridiculously expensive road bike (yay for him since he never buys anything for himself), which makes me feel less guilty about spending a far lesser amount on a loom.

3) I went to the Studio sale and purchased more yarn. The trip made me realize that I have a lot of yarn that is just sitting around, waiting to be used - and weaving would be a nice way to put it to good use.

I've also been informed by my knitting group that I need to do my part to support the fiber economy (something I always tell them to do, too). So it's pretty much a done deal, but I'm going to enjoy the shopping process a bit more before a take the plunge.

2 comments:

Terri said...

Good for you! I enjoy the shopping and pondering process too.

Anonymous said...

Oh boy! More learning!! Yay!!!