Sunday, March 25, 2007

Finally an FO!

Here it is - my Wicked Sweater in all of its completed glory!! I finished sewing on the pocket and weaving in the ends on Friday. Here it is before I blocked it:



I decided it was a bit short, so I stretched it lengthwise during blocking, which also made it a bit more form-fitting. Once again, I am amazed at the power of "the block"! Here it is after a wet-block and a couple days of drying:


So here are the stats:
Pattern: Wicked from Zephyr Style - size small
Yarn: Stash Cascade 220
Modifications: I added two short rows across the back to make the back a bit longer than the front
What I'd do differently: If I knitted this again I would do more decreases for the waist shaping. As it is, it's a bit too boxy for my taste, although blocking helped quite a bit.
Final thoughts: A nice quick and easy knit, and it was nice being able to try it on as I went. I liked that the pocket provided some relief from the endless knitting in the round.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did an awesome job! I love the color and it looks very nice on you. I have yet to tackle a sweater...hopefully one day soon!

Your Secret Pal

Natalie said...

So Cute! Great job!