Thursday, March 22, 2007

Sock Monkey

For a while now I've been eying the sock-monkey-inspired hat and blankie in The Happy Hooker. I never had a sock monkey myself, but I think they're incredibly cute. I vaguely remembering discussing the sock monkey issue with my mother-in-law last time she was in town, and she said that she had made sock monkeys for both my husband and his brother.

Well, last weekend my sister-in-law came home from a visit to MIL, and delivered (courtesy of the in-laws variety store) "official" sock monkey socks. No need to knit sock-monkey wannabees anymore - I have access to the real thing. Given my limited success with knitting toys (witness Frankenhorace), and my limited sewing skills, I am a bit nervuos about attempting to sew a stuffed animal. Luckily MIL was thinking ahead and provided extra socks "just in case". The experiment begins this weekend...

No comments: