Saturday, December 29, 2007

A Photo!! Branching Out

I know you thought it would never happen - but I actually have photos! This year my friend Jennifer and I agreed to exchange "surprise" knitting gifts. She made me a fabulous felted bag (okay, I don't have a photo *yet* to do it justice), and I made her Branching Out from Knitty. Here's the completed scarf:

Here's the stats:
Pattern:  Branching Out from Knitty
Yarn:  4-ply Mongolian Cashmere (dk weight) from Sarah's Yarns in Olive - 1 skein.  I love Sarah's Yarns - they have great prices and great customer service!  These cashmere skeins are huge, too!
Mods: None - i did this exactly as in the pattern.
Notes:  This is a great lace project.  Much more interesting than "beginner" feather and fan, but still pretty simple and easy to memorize.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this SO much! I've worn it almost non-stop since you gave it to me yesterday. It's surprisingly warm and the perfect color.

Thanks for the awesome gift!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty; I look forward to seeing the bag!

Terri said...

It looks like you did a lovely job. I hope Jennifer wears it to Knit Night.