Friday, November 30, 2007

In Which I Realize I am not the Smartest Person in the World

It's hard to admit, but I may not be the smartest person in the world (you may disagree, of course). Remember the devil yarn that I couldn't wind right the first time? There's more...

Last week DH had some spare time so I decided to have him help me wind the second hank. I unwrapped the hank and much to my displeasure ran into the same issue I had last time: the label was looped in the *middle* of the yarn. Last time I removed the tag by cutting the yarn, resulting in the aforementioned two balls of yarn.

This time, I wrestled with the tag for several minutes, trying to figure out how to get the tag off of the yarn without cutting the yarn. DH stared at me while I was doing it, and while I was taking a short "stress break" (in which I swore I would never buy this yarn again!) he calmly reached over, ripped the corner of the tag off, and freed it from the yarn.

Yes, paper tags do tear. I have learned a lesson. Oh yeah - I ran out of yarn and now need to buy another hank. This time I will let The Studio wind it for me.

2 comments:

Terri said...

I have a swift and still often times let The Studio wind the yarn for me.

AnneKaelber said...

LOL! That's actually pretty funny! I've done similar things---all because I wanted to save the tag, too!

Anne.