Friday, January 18, 2008

THE PURCHASE

First a note: I received a lovely box in the mail last week from my Knitter's Review New Year's Exchange partner, but I haven't had decent light to photograph the goodies yet. That post will come soon (sorry for the delay Lisa!)

Second, as Terri so astutely guessed in my last post...I have *finally* ordered a SWIFT!!! Yes, after feeling sorry for myself for not receiving one as a Christmas gift, and suffering through yet another tangled yarn mess in my attempt to wind some Cascade 220 on my own, the knitting fairies took pity on me and sent me a 50% off coupon for Joann.com. After conferring with the husband (who was deeply concerned about where we would put it - he's still recovering from the atrocity of having to share his office with my knitting stuff) I placed my order and it should arrive next week.

Also - The Studio is having a sale this weekend - 30% off on *everything* on Sunday and Monday. Don't miss it!! I told Scott that I would need "a couple of hours on Sunday" (not mentioning what it was for), and he replied with a sigh, "you're going yarn shopping, aren't you?" Yes, yes I am.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waaah!! I wanna go yarn shopping!!! But.. I wanna use up what I've got more....sigh. So glad you got the swift! Yay! Makes winding a pleasure, that's for sure!!

Christy said...

Hah...your hubby is starting to learn. :-)

Terri said...

I didn't mean to spoil the suprise, but it was an easy guess. However, I did not guess what kind of swift you got...

Is your hubby responsible for the coupon?