Monday, January 21, 2008

Two Fabulous Packages!

I received two great packages recently - one of my own doing, and one that was a wonderful surprise!  First, I received a wonderful package from Lisa for the Knitter's Review exchange.  She sent me a copy of Fair Isle Knitting by Sarah Don (a great book, and Scott likes it because he thinks the boy on the cover looks like him when he was a boy), some cute knitting thank-you cards, (some chocolate - covered coffee beans that couldn't be photographed due to them being, um, in my stomach), and most awesome...some locally grown (sheared?) and spun wool that she dyed herself!!  It's a pretty pinkish-coralish color and will look very nice on me once I get it knitting up into a nice hat (or mittens, or wristwarmers, or...I can't decide!)  Thanks Lisa!!
Next up is the long-awaited Swift.  It's a big-un, but doesn't take up quite as much room as Scott had feared.  I took advantage of it right away to wind some wool I bought at the Studio sale.  
The result?  A ball of wool that required no tears, four-letter words, or declarations of hatred towards knitting in general.  The wool, incidentally, is Briggs and Little Regal 100% wool.  It's a nicely priced, minimally-processed, light-worsted wool spun in Canada.  I'm really looking forward to knitting with it (and I *do* have a plan for this yarn).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lookie there...you get to have your cake and knit with it, too!!

Terri said...

I love to come home to packages! It looks like (on the monitor) the yarn you received is really a "Linda color". I can't wait to see it! I think I now have big wooden swift envy - mine is much smaller.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new swift! I love mine...I just want to create yarn cakes all day long!

P.S. You're IT! (See my Jan. 28th post) http://fortheloveofyarn.blogspot.com/2008/01/im-it.html