Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Linda needs help (more than usual)

I've crossed a not-so-secret-super-secret knitting project off of my list, meaning I can cast on something new. The problem? I've got analysis paralysis and can't decide what to knit!!

The Cardigan Options:
1) "Currer" from Norah Gaughn.
OR
1) Sylph Cardi from the most recent Interweave Knits.

For those that know me "in real life", which one is more "me"?

I bought some yarn for Currer during the Studio sale, but I just realized/remembered that I can't do math in my head...I bought three balls of Cascade Sierra (a cotton/wool blend), which is about 2 balls short (apparently 192*3 is not equal to 900)***. Ugh! So I would have to stash dive and/or go to the yarn store for either option.

Other stuff on my to-do list:
1) Hat for Scott (some day, some day).
2) Linen tank using the Euroflax worsted.
3) *Something* for the kiddo before he's old enough to refuse my knitty gifts.

****Before you laugh, realize that I just spent ten minutes *with a calculator* figuring out if I would have enough yarn. My early math years were not pleasant. The day I started algebra was one of the happiest of my life (besides getting married and giving birth, of course...)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Go with Currer. I think that one looks nicer than the one from Interweave (in my HMO).

Terri said...

I think the Currer looks more like you if it were done in a "Linda color". Are you still going to do it w/o buttons? I like the Sylph Cardi, but it does not look as fitted as Currer does, and not sure you would be happy with the end result. I also like the idea of something in Euroflax, but my first vote would probably be for Currer right now, so go back to the Studio and help the economy...

Anonymous said...

I don't vote with the majority very often, but I'm going to in this case...Currer looks great for you. And, hey, if *I* have to support the economy, YOU don't get off the hook, either!!

Linda said...

Looks like I'll have to go with the majority! I've been having this weird fascination with Sylph but deep down I know that "currer" is the one for me!

Unknown said...

Chiming in late to say, "Currer!" *grin*

As far as the "not enough yarn question"...do you feel adventurous? Why not try two colors: the ribbing on the sleeve and the unusual bottom swirl edge in one color, the body in the other? (Just wondering...)

Have you picked out the hat patter for Scott yet?

As for the kiddo... you've got plenty of years yet! *grin* (I say that, wondering when my 21" long son got taller than me!)