Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Meet my new baby

I alluded to this in my previous post, but after my wonderful weaving class I made a few phone calls (and checked the limit on my credit card) and came home on Tuesday evening to find this "little" gem sitting on my front stoop.
It's my new loom - the Baby Wolf!  The loom was pretty much ready to go out of the box, but there were a few things for me to put together.  Tying on the apron bars was relatively simple, but getting all of the heddles into the harnesses drove me crazy.  Here I am trying to keep all of the little buggers from sliding off onto the floor.
Thankfully I was able to get it all done with no loss of sanity, and finished the setup by tying up the treadles.  You can't see in the photo how happy I am that it's all done!  You also can't see that I was sitting on one of kiddo's chairs during this "test".  I need to find a decent chair for my weaving.
The Yarn Barn sent all of my extra little goodies in the same box, so I'm all set to start EXCEPT for a warping board (they were out of stock).  For those of you "in the know", you know that the warping board is the first step in weaving.  So while I wait for said warping board to arrive, I can admire my beautiful loom.



4 comments:

Terri said...

While waiting for your warping board, maybe you could order a weaving bench and have it sent in the same shipment - you know to help the economy... Just kidding, but the benches do like very nice.

Your loom looks to be quite complex, I can't wait to see a demonstration.

Anonymous said...

OH my. What a project! I know you're going to have a blast with it!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You're already ahead of me! My heddles are still in their boxes. Of course, it would help if I had chosen to put my beast somewhere other than the basement.

Oh, and where are the pictures of your sampler? I want to see it!

Anonymous said...

Missed you last night...I'll hope it's 'cause you were elbow-deep in weaving, and the loom isn't portable!