Sunday, August 31, 2008

Warped

Hello! I just got back from vacation so my weaving has taken a brief hiatus.  Never fear, however - I have picked it back up and am almost done warping some orange and brown sock yarn to make a "test" scarf.  Here you can see the front of the loom, with the yarn passing through the reed.  The reed is what creates your "gauge" in knitting.
Here is the side view.  The yarn has passed through the reed and I have threaded all of the heddles.  The heddles are inside of the shafts, which together lift the different threads up and down as you weave.  Just a few more steps and I'll be set to weave!
Since I was away from my loom I did manage to get a bit of knitting done.  This is the free pattern from the Knitting Pure and Simple website - I am currently knitting the matching overalls.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way cool. I still look at all that stuff and just think it's too impossibly complicated....but I will love seeing what you create!

Terri said...

I have been very curious if the loom makes noise while you are weaving?

The baby sweater is adorable, and can't wait to see the rest of the ensemble.