Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Cotton-Ease redux

I've temporarily given up on my Barbara Walker tank in favor of using an actual pattern. What can I say - I can't resist all of the gorgeous patters out there! I've cast on and started knitting the drop-stitch tank from Fitted Knits by Stefanie Japel (aka Glampyre). So far, I'm not entirely happy with the way the drop-stitch sections are shaping up. I'm hoping it improves with blocking... The pattern itself is very simple - just two rectanges stitched together - and so far it's going pretty fast.

I bought the book this weekend when Scott offered to watch Lincoln for a couple of hours while I did some shopping. I spent two glorious hours shopping at the Plaza on my own - which means I didn't feel at all guilty that I spent the whole two hours in *two* stores - Bath and Body Works and Barnes and Noble. I spent a long time in the knitting section of B&N, luckily finding an open chair nearby so I could sit and read. Not only did I find "fitted knits", but I also found a nice reference on how to do mattress stitch in garter stitch (yes I know it's amazingly simple, but I'd never done it before).

Thanks to the mattress stitch help, I also managed to do the finishing work on the "super secret" project I've been working on - and I will post photos this weekend after it is delivered to the lucky recipient!!

No comments: