Friday, April 27, 2007

My Stash

My SP10 hostess is having a contet, and all I have to do is "flash my stash"! So, here is my yarn collection in all its glory:

I keep my yarn in 4 rubbermaid bins - two large and two small. One of the smaller ones is designated as a "sock" bin, although I really don't have a lot of sock yarn.














Here's a couple of example of what the bins look like on the inside - not very exciting, I know. I have a lot of one/two skeins that I bought "just to try the yarn", then of course I didn't have a decent pattern for them. So they languish.

The only part of my stash that I didn't photograph is the "leftover basket", that has all of my leftover skeins from projects. I'm trying to decide what to do with that yarn...since I have a lot of Cascade 220 I'm thinking I'm going to try some sort of patchwork felting project...I just have to get over my dislike of felting first!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We keep our stashes in similar containers! Hope all is well,

Your Secret Pal

Anonymous said...

Ha! I finally got your address again so I can keep up..even when we don't get together! I love all those muted colors in your stash...I'm always so drawn to the loud stuff it's very relaxing to gaze at such peaceful colors. Patchwork felting...hmm...maybe an entrelac-knit-night with Terri? I've not tried it yet, but love the idea. See you!

Linda said...

Entralac has been my nemesis! I just can't get myself to start my e. project...even though I have yarn and a pattern!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I know what you need to do! Entrelac SOCKS!!! (you may now run shrieking from the room...)