Friday, August 10, 2007

Yes I'm still Knitting

Yes, I'm still alive and yes, I'm still knitting. I've just started a new job and it's been keeping me very busy. I've been able to do a bit of knitting - I'm making a bit of progress on Sahara and have a goal of completing it next week. I've also started a sock for Scott (wish me luck!) and started thinking about my next project...I'd really like to knit a vest to wear to work, but I'm not finding a lot of good vests for women. I want a v-neck sweater vest (not a cardigan) that's semi-fitted and a solid color. Any ideas?

My next post will have photos!

5 comments:

Terri said...

Unfortunately, most of the V-neck vests for women that I have seen are no where near fitted. I have always kind of avoided them because they are too boxy. Good luck, and I will look through my patterns.

Unknown said...

I haven't seen any vest patterns of late.

Congrats on making socks!!! I started another pair for myself last week. I need to get the stash under control so that I can buy MORE at Stitches East in October.

Just a gentle reminder about the second sock...since you've measured the first one, count your rows for each portion of the sock and use that as a guide for the second sock. You will end up with 2 identical socks!

Linda said...

Good tip about the socks - I'm usually very bad about keeping track of rows and that's a definite no-no for socks!

Teri - I've been having the same problem with vest patterns. They seem to be scaled-down versions of men's vests. The search continues...

Anonymous said...

The "Knitting Daily" online blog had an article recently about putting darts into a dart-less short-sleeved sweater. http://www.knittingdaily.com/posts/tops/138-1.html

Might be something to try if you're feeling brave!

AnneKaelber said...

I saw a really nice vest over on "Chasing Bunny": http://noodleknit.wordpress.com/2007/03/17/busier-knitting-than-blogging/

Combine that with Beth's suggestion above for darts and that will make one fine vest!

Also:

The Seda Vest at Knitpicks.com (which requires steeking---eeks!).

Knitnet.com has a store with a lot of vest patterns (and if I recall correctly, their patterns are all PDF downloads!).

Hope that helps!