Tuesday, September 04, 2007

When it rains, it pours

I had some extra knitting time over the long weekend and am proud to say that Sahara is almost done - I just have to finish one sleeve and weave in the ends! YAY!!! As usual, I've finished the garment just at the end of its usable season - Sahara is sleeveless. Hopefully we'll have a few more warm days so I can wear it a bit before it gets packed away in the closet.

This accomplishment means that I can get started on my vest soon. I purchased the aforementioned Knitters magazine on Saturday, and found this little gem at Michaels. It is a modular patternbook that can be used to make different types of sweaters and vests. Very versatile! When I found it, I almost did a little dance because it's so awesome. It's like Ann Bud's sweater book only smaller and a little less intimidating. AND it has a v-neck vest! Depending on how much knitting I get done, I may just do two vests this season. And maybe get them done before next summer.

Bobbi Beast is still languishing in his own personal UFO bag. Poor, armless Bobbi - I will get to you soon.

No comments: