Tuesday, May 08, 2007

On the needles

I've realized I haven't been posted very often to this blog, and I do apologize. I don't have a lot of photos and/or finished objects to show for two reasons: 1) I'm not a fast knitter (this is the primary reason), and 2) I usually start 2-3 projects at once, and end up feeling so guilty about having so many projects taking up space in the house that I knit a bit on all of them until they're finally all done about the same time. So I'll have nothing finished for a long time, and then all of a sudden have three FOs. Reason #2, I've realized, is also why I don't knit socks (even though I want to) - since I have three "big" projects going on it seems like I'm "cheating" to start another small project while my other projects languish...

Enough of the psychoanalyzing, here's what I have on the needles:

1) A tank (Ribs and Lace) from the Spring Interweave Knits in Cotton-Ease. Yes, I once again frogged my Cotton-Ease to start a new project. Turns out the cotton/acrylic blend wasn't "sticky" enough and the dropped-stitch design on the Fitted Knits tank looked sloppy. I *will* find a good project for this yarn!

2) The "Icarus" shawl from last year's Interweave knit in Knitpicks Shadow. It's my first shawl project worked in laceweight, and I've allowed myself all summer to finish the thing.

3) "Bobbi Bear" from Blue Sky Alpacas, knit in Organic Cotton. Scott bought me this pattern while he was in Seattle (what a Sweetie!) and of course I had to cast on right away. It's a fun knit, and I would be done by now if I didn't stop every so often to work on my other projects.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling...so much that you want to knit and not so much time in which to do it! On the needles, I have socks, a hat and a scarf. I just purchased yarn to make myself a sweater (it'll be my first) and a pair of socks. I also bought yarn to make my mother-in-law another pair of socks and some yarn to make a throw for a gift. With grad school, I don't know when all of this will even get STARTED!!!!

Your Secret Pal

Anonymous said...

I think the bear is just going to be too cute.....what a fun idea!
See you in two weeks!(I do expect to see a head by then...)