Saturday, February 17, 2007

EZ Done!!

I cast off of EZ on Wednesday (Valentine's Day!) and have been doing the finishing work. There were a lot of ends to weave in, due to the number of stripes, and I just snipped my last yarn last night. Yesterday I picked up a bottle of Eucalen at The Studio (the woman checking me out says it flies off the shelf, so lucky me I was there at the right time!), and I soaked my sweater this morning. I won't post a photo until it's completely dry and ready to be modelled, though. I read in the Yarn Harlot that superwash (which EZ is made out of) tends to grow when it gets wet, and I think my sweater did a bit of growing as well. I hope it still fits OK when it's dry...

Also while I was at the Studio I signed up for a class on Magic Loop socks and bought some sock yarn. I'm taking the class because I want to try magic loop, but also because I want to learn to do toe-up socks. I think there will be a lot of good techniques in the class - maybe I'll also learn a new bind-off. I am *not* a fan of variegated sock yarns (always looks good on the hank, never looks good knitted), so I wanted some solid-color yarn for the class. They seemed to have a lot of "manly" colors - grey, black, taupe, etc., but no exciting girly colors. The colors I found and loved- pink, red, and purple, they only had one skein each (ie one sock), so no luck. I briefly toyed with the idea of just having two different colored socks, but then just sucked it up and bought a nice-ish blue color. Gosh, I would have *killed* for two balls of the pink, though! Oh well...

No comments: