Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Wicked Knitting

We had a 9-hour car ride to Colorado, so in between taking care of the kiddo I had lots of time to knit on Wicked. I'm really happy with how quickly it is going:


I also attended the first of three sessions on Magic Loop knitting at the Studio. So far it's been a great class - I learned an invisible cast-on that's worth the price of the entire class. Other "firsts" for me in the class are: doing socks toe-up (already it's more fun than top-down), and (of course!) Magic Loop. I ended up using some stash Regia for the class that is pink and red variegated. I'm still not a big fan of variegation, but the pinks seem much more girly, and I'm saving the blue sock yarn for a pair of socks for Scott. Another plus: the Regia is much less "splitty" than the Fortisima Socka I started with.

No comments: