Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The Importance of Blocking...

Today I discovered the importance of blocking. Observe exhibit A:












These are my Fetching mitts pre- and post- blocking. Note how badly they curl at the top before they're blocked. I had read on some forums that people were casting off using itty bitty needles to avoid the curl, and was worried that I would have to rip out my cast-off and re-try. Witness the miracle of blocking! No more curling, and the Cascade 220 softened up quite a bit. The color of the yarn is more purplish like the picture at left.

Even the cat likes them now!!












The scoop:
Pattern: Fetching from Knitty
Yarn: Cascade 220 (don't know the color as I bought it ages ago)
Mods: Changed the yarn, used size 5 needles. If I made them again, I'd use DK-weight and even smaller needles since I have very small hands.
Completed: January 2006

No comments: