Wednesday, February 07, 2007

SP 10 Questionnaire

I've decided to participate in Secret Pal 10. Here's my questionnaire:

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I don't like 100% cotton, although I'd like to try some cotton blends. I usually prefer soft wools or wool blends, or some (soft) acrylics. I'd like to try knitting with bamboo or soysilk.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have the folder for the KP Options, while my straight needles are in a rubbermaid bin.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I've been knitting almost three years - I learned from books when I left my corporate job to be a full-time student. I consider myself to be high-intermediate - I'm willing to try anything!

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I'm working on it and will post a link.

5. What's your favorite scent? I like florals or food scents. Anything except vanilla!

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I'm not really a sweets person.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I crochet but I don't spin.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Yes I can play MP3s. I like classical or 80's music (weird mix, I know!)

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I prefer neutrals or purples or oranges, but nothing too bright or neon. I'm not good with colors - I never know what colors look good together.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am married with a 7-month old son. I also have two cats.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear scarves, hats, mittens, and shawls, but not ponchos.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Small projects like baby sweaters, scarves, mittens, toys, or purses. I like to knit sweaters but they take a long time!

13. What are you knitting right now? I just finished a pair of camo socks for my baby, I (still!) have an Elizabeth Zimmermann sweater on the needles and a pair of fair-isle socks. UPDATE: EZ is done! I've cast on for Wicked. I'm also knitting a pair of fair-isle socks.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? YES!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I prefer cirulars for most things. I use KP's metal circulars but I prefer plastic (Bryspun are my favorites).

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? I have a yarn winder but not a swift.

17. How old is your oldest UFO? 2 years. It will soon be frogged (I hope!)

18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas and Halloween.

19. Is there anything that you collect? No.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I subscribe to Interweave and Vogue Knitting. I wouldn't mind a book on lace knitting - I've been wanting to make a lace shawl but haven't gotten the courage to try it yet. I've also been wanting either volume 1 or volume 3 of the Vogue Stitchionary. Actually, any stitch dictionary would be nice. I've also been craving Knitpicks Chartkeeper - or any chartkeeper!

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Entrelac or socks on two circs.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes! My size is 7

23. When is your birthday? July 15

No comments: