Sunday, February 25, 2007

FO: Seamless Yoke Sweater


Here it is! My Elizabeth Zimmermann seamless yoke sweater. We just got back from our annual family ski trip, so these photos are a bit delayed. It turned out really well, especially for a first sweater. I have to post photos of the underarm to prove that it is truly seamless - these sassy 'pits are courtesy of a *lot* of kitchener stitch!


















The details:
Pattern: Seamless Yoke Sweater from Knitting Around by Elizabeth Zimmermann
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash

Modifications: None! EZ's sweater "patterns" are always personalized! I did, however, forgo the stranded (fair isle) pattern in favor of the stripes. I was using stash yarn and didn't have enough of any one color to have a solid background with just a bit of fair isle as EZ shows in the book.

Changes for the future: The yoke is a bit deeper than I would have liked, causing a bit of sagging around the armpits. If I do this sweater again I wouldn't do as much of the 4.5" of plain knitting before the first decrease on the yoke.

No comments: