Monday, May 21, 2007

Baby Knits




I finished the knitting on this baby jumper a couple of weeks ago, and took my sweet time doing the finishing work. It's for my sister's baby that is due in June. I actually had the side seams completely done using mattress stitch, but I ripped out the entire seam this weekend. The arms were a bit small, so I added a couple of rows to make them wider (that's the blue squares in the armpits), and I just wasn't happy with the way the mattress stitch looked - it made it too "rounded". I decided instead to do a backstitch. It gives it a more "rustic" look, but I think it looks better with the yarn and pattern. The whole outfit is basically knit in one piece from front legs to back legs, so it's really simple.

Here's the details:
Pattern: Baby knit from the Spring Knit Simple
Yarn: Bernat Denimstyle (cotton/acrylic blend)
Modifications: None, except for the yarn sub. I must have made a mistake around the neck, since the arms ended up so narrow.
Time: About two weeks to knit, and a day to do the finishing work.

No comments: