Friday, May 18, 2007

Repetition Repeated

The Mr. was out of town most of this week, so I decided to treat myself by indulging in some in Jaggerspun Zephyr wool-silk from Sarah's Yarns. Sarah's Yarns is fabulous in that they send you color cards with your first order. Having already ordered some wool-silk from them (and falling in love with it), I had a huge color card at home and spent several agonizing minutes deciding what color to order. I'm terrible with colors, so this was a big deal to me. Finally, I decided on a color called "royal" that was (wait for it!) royal blue. It promptly arrived, I tore it open, and came to a crushing realization...

The color I ordered (in laceweight) was *exactly* the same color of Knitpicks merino lace-weight that I'm using for my Icarus shawl. Ouch!

I have no one to blame but myself, since I used a color card and knew exactly what color I was ordering. I guess I like the color blue. So I think a shawl is out of the question...so what should I make with my blue laceweight wool-silk?

I'd also like to note that for a limited time Sarah's Yarns is offering extra-large samples for swatching of many (if not most) of their lines for just the cost of shipping. I have a sample of the Sarah's Yarns Cashmere DK-Weight and it is heavenly!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never even heard of Sarah's Yarns...hmmm....what about a moebius?

My Mr.'s been out of town, too, but then, he usually is. The baby blanket plods along.....

You *must* bring the yarn...I don't think I've ever felt a wool/silk combo. I love blues, too, and it sounds delightful!