Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Linda gets tagged, and Bobbi Bear attacks

Okay, this meme has been going around for a while, but I've finally been tagged. I unofficially tagged myself after reading Terri's blog, but I've also been officially tagged by Jennifer. Here's the deal - I'm supposed to tag seven people, but I've always done poorly at games like that so I'm following Terri's rules:

Here are the tag rules (as modified by Terri)
Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves.

Those tagged need to write on their blog the 7 facts as well as the rules of the game.

People who feel that they are tagged after reading this post can feel free to tag themselves and leave a note in my comments section.

Seven Random Facts:

1. I am left-handed, but I golf, knit, crochet, use scissors, cut my food, and do most everything else right-handed.

2. My favorite book of all time is "Emma" by Jane Austin. I've read it several times.

3. When I was little (okay, not so little - even now) I dreamed of becoming a writer

4. I love popcorn and eat it almost every day

5. I had all of my fingers crushed in a shopping-cart accident when I was 3. No permanent damage except my hands get very cold very easily.

6. I don't eat fish, or any creature that spends a majority of it's life submerged in water (eg crab, lobster)

7. I do eat meat. Yum!

Okay, now that that's out of the way I can move on to explaining the somewhat menancing title of this post. I have completed the Bobbi Bear legs, torso, and head, and have commenced stuffing him before I knit up the arms. From the photo on BB's pattern, I assumed he would be a petite bear, even though I had nothing at all on which to base that assumption. Well, BB is *huge*. He is full-teddy-bear sized, and stands at over a foot tall. I knew he was tall, but the full impact of his size did not strike me until he was stuffed. As soon as I have the opportunity, I'll take a photo so that you can see the giant that is Bobbi.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is Bobbi not supposed to be felted? Maybe I'm thinking of that bunny on "Knitty Gritty"....

What the heck, I'll see if I can come up with 7 random items about me...

1. I am the most un-athletic person on the face of the planet, yet am an avid spectator of many sports...including Nascar.

2. One of my favorite things to do, that I haven't done in years, is drawing with pen and ink.

3. I've traveled in 6 different countries, and liked Italy the best...food first, history second!(England's history was *definitely* first...)

4. When I'm really stressed my hair falls out in patches. Before kindergarten I was almost bald.

5. I never lived on my own before getting married.

6. Playing keyboard with our worship band is the thing I look forward to the most every week.

7. I've lived in 14 different places since I was born; 11 of those since I got married.